Sunday, August 24, 2014

The Truth

"I didn't want to add more stress." "I didn't want to make you worry more." "I didn't want you to see me like that."

If I can't handle you at your worst how do you know you can handle you at best? This is something that even myself I have a hard time dealing with in a relationship. It's one of those things that people really start to realize once the honeymoon effect as worn off. You see the person's warts and you start wondering if you didn't make mistake.

Learning to let go of myself and just be a regular guy is hard but nobody is a gentleman all the time. That's only in books. Face Mr. Darcy had to go bathroom at some point. It's not fancy or glamorous but it's a fact.

Why hide the fact that you are human? I have two people in my life that if you read their Facebook you see two people that are just perfect. Reading their blogs? They show you their real selves proving that they aren't perfect. They didn't tell the world that they showed each other their warts but they knew and it was enough for them. They are happy and I can see them lasting well into their eighties without hardly an argument.

Just be yourself with the person you love because if you really love them then you are going to show that you don't smell like pineapple mango in the bathroom (the spray does but you don't), you clip your toenails in the bed, you have an obsession with watching the stock channel just so you see your initials go across the screen, that you keep locks from each haircut you get, or that you refuse to drink from a cup that doesn't have a lid.


No comments:

Post a Comment