Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Not Anytime Soon





She had my heart the moment I seen her little black and somewhat white-gray picture.

I was upset yet but it was time to get over that and move on. My mom wouldn't want me to harbor hate and living in a hole.

Then the day came and it was over for me...

The tiny bundle was place in my arms. She did her crinkle coo at me and drifted off to sleep. I stared at the wrinkle little old man looking tiny baby girl in my arms that I had tried so hard to hate. She wouldn't be taking the place my deceased sister; she found her own space in my heart.

Avary Tilly McLachlan was placed into my arms placed into my arms six years ago this year.

She was the main reason for me to keep returning home while I was away at college, because it honestly hurt to return home and see places where I had grew up.

Avary changed so much of that for me. She let me see that it was okay to move on. She helped me to see the sparkle of Christmas even more. She was a baby on her back and we would lay her on her back under the tree and she would wildly kick and squeal especially with the lights were "dancing" and twinkling.

I feel privilege to look back and realize to see the impact I have had on her life already. She would run to me every single time I would come home. She knew I was going to protect her. I watched her grow from being two years old to twenty-two years old.

And now she is becoming legally mine. She loves the idea but knows that I am stricter than her biological mom and my dad. She gets away with a lot now that I wouldn't let her. However, this will be amazing thing for she and I both.

Avary knows over 200 mainstream and country songs. She loves zebra print and glittery. She already loves to shop and wears over sized sunglasses like a celebrity. She can get an attitude despite her being shy at times.

I was taking this three foot, five year old (who thinks she is twenty-five) out for lunch yesterday. She came down the stairs all dressed up. We get frowned at all the time for what we let her dress in but her mom let's her dress in whatever. But yesterday's outfit was not terrible. The thing that matter was that she had on little red wedges for little girls.

Avary grinned at me. "Look I have on red shoes! I'm like Kellie pickler! I'm about to show you how good leaving feels in my red high heels." I grabbed her up and spun her around. "You aren't leaving me anytime soon." She is my favorite little human.

In the future she will leave me and I may just have to watch her ... in her red high heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment