Saturday, July 26, 2014

We Are Family



As I wrote in my last post, Jessica, Avary and myself are all a family now. And we aren't boring people so why do boring things all the time? That's just conforming to society's idea of us having to be like the Jones and the Cleavers. No thanks. So here are some ideas I have found and come up with for us to have amazing family time.


Backwards Supper - Wear your clothes backward because nothing is normal this night! We are going to eat under the table, have dessert first, eat the other side of the utensils, eat on the back of the dinnerware, etc. I know we will all of it and that's what makes memories is funky out there things.

Music Making - Shake, shake, rattle rattle, if you have a headache stay away from our house this night. We are going to be making our own musical instruments and then jamming out and keeping the beat with real music. Don't forget dancing. Wiggle it all out.

Redneck Slip n Slide and Rain Shower - Tarp, dish washing detergent, and water? Things are about to get slippery! I love doing this. But I have also seen ideas for taking PVC pipes and making a ton different sprinkler ideas. Water park in our backyard? I think so.

Who Was Murdered Here? - Chalk and the driveway, need I say more? Outlining each other. Hopscotch, drawing, four squares etc. Possibilities are endless.

Meatballs on the Floor - Table cloth on the floor and a pile of spaghetti, say what? Well at this McLachlan house we are going to eat spaghetti on the floor with no utensils. Just use your mouth and make a mess.

Matilda - Eat chocolate, roll around on the floor, roller skate and blade through the house, hoola hoop, and read. I think our household can handle this. I do believe we can and while we are at why not watch the movie and read the book too.

Dollar Date - Dollar Store days! Pick a theme and buy stuff with that theme. Fun times discovering new things in the dollar store.

Glow On - Glow party, glow sticks are the only light this night! Yep there will be tons of popping and breaking and shaking in our house that night. Glow sticks make for a lot of fun. Plus they are super cheap if you look in the right places for them.

Camping... Indoors - Too hot? Don't like bugs? Yep roll out that sleeping bag in the living room and make the smores in the microwave! Plus we can do this while it's raining or a thunderstorm and tell ghost stories.

Camping For Real - I only go camping during the fall. I think it's because my mom only liked to go during the fall. It's so peaceful except when you hear the whistles and cheering coming from the campers watching the football games. I love warming up chili on a camp stove while sitting around a fire.

Funny Face Horse - The game is just like the game you play on a basketball court. One person shoots and the next person has to make the same shot. If they miss the shot then they are “H” and the game continues until someone is “H-O-R-S-E” and that person has lost, In this game, the first person is going to make a funny face. The next person tries to make the same funny face. The referee decides if the second person matched the face or not. If not… then “H”.

Dino Night - Dinosaur movies - Dinosaur or Land Before Time. Fossil cookies, dancing to Walk the Dinosaur, We can always dress up like the Flintstones as well. Who doesn't want to pretend to be a cave person?

I have many more ideas, these are just a few I loved the most. Jessica and I are going to get parents of the year if I have anything to do about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment