Monday, April 28, 2014

Honeymoon Option One

Ireland


I would want to tour the city of Dublin on the vehicles that can go on water or land easily. Have a tour and at the Guinness Store. Going to see the ancient illuminated Book of Kells at Trinity College is also something I would like to do. Or go on a walking tour of Temple Bar.

Also riding through the countryside and going to Cashel to visit the Rock of Cashel. Kings of Munster royal seating would be amazing to see. I would love to wander around the medieval buildings including the Chapel of King Cormac.

I think it would be amazing to find shamrocks where Saint Patrick himself once stood. One thing I would love and must do is go to Killarney. I remember singing Christmas in Killarney with my mom until she died. Exploring Killarney is a must for me. Killarney even has ghost tours where you can spot spirits in castles and other places along the lakes in the National Park.

A horsedrawn carriage through fields to Muckross House, which is a restored Victorian Manor that has over 65 rooms. Having lunch there would be amazing. Hiking or biking though the land would be awesome to enjoy the views.

At least one night I would love to have a traditional cottage dinner with authentic Irish cuisine and folk dancing.

Another castle I would like to explore is Blarney Castle where the famous Blarney stone is. It has amazing gardens and fortress. Legend has it if you kiss the rock you will have the gift of eloquence.

Wandering through Adare to see the farm animals and the amazing landscape would be exquisite. Not far from there is another castle I would like to visit. Dromoland Castle is a place where you can stay over night. There is even spa services. The restaurant there is said to be amazing.

There is over 400 acres that people can explore and I believe it would be really romantic to tour the ground of Dromoland. They even have it where you can interact right up close with birds such as hawks, falcons, and owls. The thing I would like best is that they have a medieval feast some nights. I love eating at Medieval Times in Florida, Georgia, and in South Carolina so having the real thing in a real castle would be a dream come true.

And some of the smaller things would be to help herd sheeps or feed lambs or piglets. Also visiting the cliffs and watching the waves crash from the oceans. Learning folktales about Vikings would be incredible.


No comments:

Post a Comment