Monday, May 5, 2014

Best Thing This Week


Our house.

Yes our house, not my house. I never thought I would have someone that I love like I do to spend the rest of my life in the house above. And yes that's our house. It makes me grin like a school girl seeing a shirtless (or pantless guy for some of them) knowing that I get to spend the rest of my life with her.

We have started talking about how to decorate the inside already. We aren't going to try and do this alone. We have the support and love our family and friends. They give us inspiration and advice of how to do things. We appreciate suggestions just not being bossed around. We won't tolerate that.

I was scared to death about showing the house to her the first time. I was so scared she wouldn't like it. I started out showing her the floor plan and then our friend took a picture of the outside and sent it to her. I asked her if she liked it. She told me she didn't like it. She loved it instead. We both love the Victorian/Gothic feel to our house. And though it might be big, it is still quaint enough for us.

Being inside the house with just a shell gives us an idea of what we want in it for our family. And though we have hesitation of certain materials because of our babies and children we have agree we can go back and change certain things if they don't work out for us. We both have some hesitations with the house because we need to grow into the house but I have no difficulty believing that we will grow into it very quickly.

So the best thing to happen to me this week is starting to decorate our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment